Sunday, May 31, 2009

Thai One On

Continuing the "In Stock Challenge". I had a bag of frozen shrimp, rice noodles, and rice wine vinegar. It was 90 degrees outside and I wanted something light and fast.

I had leftover shrimp, cucumber, and sauce, and they are great in the morning wrapped in a tortilla. But I like the idea of a Thai shrimp breakfast wrap. It's not for everyone. I get that.

Thai-like Shrimp Noodle Salad
Serves 4
WW pts 6

1 lb shrimp, shell on, deveined 2 tbl olive oil
2 & 1/2 tbl garlic, minced
2 & 1/2 tbl ginger, minced
1/4 c. brown sugar
3/4 c. rice wine vinegar
sriracha, to taste
1 lime
1/2 english cucumber, chopped
1 package rice vermincelli, cooked
Fresh cilantro, chopped


Heat oil in a small sauce pan over medium heat.
Add garlic and ginger, salt and pepper.  Cook 2-3 minutes. Add sugar, vinegar, and sriracha. Cook about 5 minutes. Transfer to small dish and refrigerate. Add a little oil and cook shrimp. Cool and deshell. 
Combine shrimp, noodles, cucumber, cilantro and sauce. squeeze with lime juice.

Add crushed peanuts if you have them. I didn't and I am serious about keeping up this "In Stock" Challenge. I probably could've added one of the 13 remaining cans of pineapple chunks, but I am trying to pace myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment