Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Let's get started.

Cooking is easy. People have been doing it for years. Some people like my cooking, so I will let you know what I know. I hope this will inspire you to cook more and cook fresh. 

A few things you should know about this blog.
1.  I will only post what I actually make. Good or bad. I make a little of both.
2. These recipes will be simple. I am will be making up most of these recipes as I go and often based on what leftovers I have.
3. When possible I will make food that is healthy in season. I will also choose ingredients from the local farmers' market when I can. I will cheat from time to time (jarred spaghetti sauce), so shut up about it already.
4. These are only suggestions. if you make one of these recipes and have an allergic reaction or get food poisoning or whatever, don't come crying to me. 

Here is what we had tonight.

Primavera-ish
Serves 4 to 5 with some pasta left over.
WW = 8 pts.

1 box pasta ( I like Barilla Plus)
1 zucchini, halved and sliced
1 red onion, halved and sliced
1 bag of spinach
1 .5 cup frozen peas
1 jar canned pasta sauce ( I like Classico)
leftover chicken, sliced
some olive oil
some garlic
some parmesan cheese
some salt
some pepper

Cook the pasta. Duh. Set aside.
Heat olive oil over medium heat. 
Cook onion 5 minutes, add zucchini and some salt. 
Cook both till tender. 
Add peas and spinach. 
Cook till peas are warm and spinach is wilted.
Add pasta sauces. Heat on low till warmed.
Serve over pasta with chicken and cheese. Yum.

If you don't have fresh veggies, use frozen or canned or leftovers. Whatever. You can sub any meat you have leftover for the chicken. Or you could bake some chicken. Or you can go meatless. Or you can order pizza, I'm not your mom. 

No comments:

Post a Comment