Friday, May 29, 2009

Get My Grill On

This week I am taking on a new challenge. I am only cooking with what I already have in the pantry and freezers. I bought fresh meat and veggies, but everything else is in stock. I took a full inventory and began planning.

At some point, I bought a case (and a half?) of pineapple chunks in juice. Damn you Costco. So I figured I should try to use at least one of the 14 cans I have.

Pineapple Porkchops
Serves 3-4
WW pts 8

3 boneless butterfly pork chops
1 lime
1/4 c. honey
1/4 c. soy sauce
1/4 c. rice wine vinegar
1 tbl sp red pepper flakes or chili powder
1 can pineapple chunks in juice
1 red bell pepper (seeded and ribbed)
1 green bell pepper (seeded and ribbed)

Pour pineapple juice into shallow bowl. Add lime, honey, soy sauce, vinegar and pepper flakes. Stir well. Marinate chops in this mix overnight.
Place pineapple chunks and peppers on skewers. sprinkle with soy, vinegar, and pepper flakes.

Toss it all on the grill. Throw on some foil wrapped corn in the husk. Sit down and have a beer.
Flip after 8 minutes. Remove from grill around 6 minutes after that. Ponder what do do with the other 13 cans of pineapple.

1 comment: