Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Shake n Bake Pot Roast

I always think I want to cook things in a slow cooker. But I freak out about it being unsupervised during the day. But who can sleep with the waiting promise of pot roast cooking all night? Not me. I put the meat in to marinate the night before (or morning of, if I forget) then toss it in the oven when I get home from work. 

2.5lb chuck roast1/3 Worcestershire sauce
1/4 soy sauce
2 tblsp garlic, minced
2 small sweet onions. sliced
salt to taste

Combine everything but the meat in a bag, shake it up. rub the meat with the mix. Let marinate 2-3 hours. If you have that kind of time. Otherwise, put it in a lidded, oven safe pot. Cover and cook at 375 till done. About 1-2 hours.

I served this with a pretty little salad, some greens beans and squash sauteed in garlic. 

P.S. This entire meal was from my local Farmers Market. Meat and all!  $15 for the meat and veggies and we had a great filling local meal for 2 , plus leftovers for 2 lunches. And the beef was extraordinary grain feed, organic beef. So much flavor! Can't beat that!

No comments:

Post a Comment